Thursday, July 16, 2009


I just realized that I haven't posted anything in a really, really long time. However, I am newly inspired due to several things. First of all, the upcoming release of the film Julie and Julia. I'm even tempted to start working my way through Jacques Pepin's Cooking Techniques, the same way Julie worked through "Mastering". Of course, there is the problem of time... no way I could do it in a year, and the problem of being single. I have no spouse to cook for like she did. And while I really don't mind cooking for just myself, that would just be too much food for me! I'll have to start drumming up regular dinner guests.

The second thing that has re-energized me is that I have been taking some cooking classes. As you can see by the photo, I have done a weeklong "cooking camp" (kind of the opposite of my boot camps) at Tante Marie here in SF. I have also signed up for a new series of 6 night classes called "cook like a chef". It's been so much fun, and since I can't enroll in culinary school (not right now anyway), this will do for now.

Finally, I really need to concentrate more on what makes me happy and what I have...food, good friends, a great house; and less on the things that I don't have...money, a significant other, a job that I enjoy...

So, I have a new determination to stay updated with this blog, to promote it more, and to give more attention to my cooking class on Meetup.com.
I'm planning to grill some chicken tonight, and maybe make a Ratatouille... Stay tuned!

1 comment: